Formative and summative assessments are included.
You will find assessments in the Assessment and Intervention Guide for the Read Side by Side Reading Program, as well as online.
The assessment book will guide teachers in using data collected from multiple measures to determine the strengths and areas of improvement for readers. Teachers will learn how to differentiate and adjust instruction to best meet individual students' needs. Teachers are guided in how to provide explicit feedback to students and encourage self-reflection and goal setting. Teachers are given the following assessment tools in the guide and online:
- Read Motivation Questionnaire (RMQ),
- Survey of Reading Interest,
- Conference forms and scripts,
- Reading logs,
- Reading guides (for read-aloud titles),
- Running records (for all book club titles),
- Checklists and rubrics; and a
- Record sheet.
In addition to the assessments in the Assessment Guide, we recommend using a standardized assessment that will provide a percentile ranking. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Star Assessment (Renaissance Learning),
- iReady (Curriculum Associates); and
- Map Reading Growth Test (NWEA).